Monday, December 9, 2013

What's Happening at the Bird Feeder

Blue Jay

Don't try telling us that it's not officially winter. Like most of the nation, we're in the midst of  - what is it now? - 'global cooling'? - and are not amused. In weather like this, those feeders need to be kept ready for the many guests who depend upon us.

 Finches, Sparrow, & Junco

 Remind me to wash the window before next fall.

Red bellied Woodpecker
He's a big bird, about the size of the blue jay.

Pulling the seeds from the hunk of suet


Watching and wishing from an upstairs window


 Tuppence, leaning over the stairway,
telling me it's time to come to bed!
She has no patience.

***



'Christmas Forest'
Natural, Handcrafted Vegan Soap

...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at


This post is linked to Rurality Blog Hop
This post may be linked to one or more of the following: Mop it Up Monday  and Mosaic Monday and Barn Hop and  Get in My Tummy and  Cure for the Common Monday and  Clever Chicks Blog Hop and  The Marketplace  and  and  Market Yourself Monday and  Mix it up Monday and Make it Pretty Monday and Le Chateau des Fleurs and   Making the World Cuter Mondays and Make the Scene Monday and   Motivate Me Monday and  Making Monday Marvelous and You're Gonna Love it Tuesday and Knick of Time Tuesday and  Creative Showcase and Memories by the Mile and  Tweak it Tuesday and  Coastal Charm Tuesday and  Take a Look Tuesday and  Tasty Tuesday  and Adorned From Above and  Love Bakes Good Cakes and Mom on TimeOut  and Cast Party Wednesday and  We Did it Wednesday  and Whatever Goes Wednesday and  All Things With Purpose and Home & Garden Thursday and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Artsy Corner Thursday  and The Girl Creative, Thursday and Be Inspired and Time Travel Thursday and Thrifty Things Friday  and  Friday Fences and  Thursday's Inspiration and  The Self-sufficient Home Acre and  I'm Lovin' it Thursday and Creative Things Thursday and   Mandatory Mooch   and Foodie Friends Friday and Freedom Fridays and From the Farm and   Anything Blue Friday and Junkin' Joe and  Serenity Saturday and Get Schooled Saturday  and Inspiration Friday(ThursNite) and Vintage Inspiration Friday and Photo Friday and Share Your Creativity and   A Favorite Thing Saturday and Sunny Simple Sunday and Sunlit Sunday and  Saturday Nite Special

27 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I thought the cat wanted the birds - Phew! Beaufiful kitty and the birds - I am so surprised they are still there in the snow.

sandie

laurie said...

Great pics!

NanaDiana said...

LOL at your cat, Judy! We saw cardinals yesterday but I don't know what happened to our blue jays. I love feeding them like you do. It is SOOO cold here by the bay. We didn't get above 10 degrees today- UGH- xo Diana

SImple and Serene Living said...

Beautiful photos, Judy. They kept saying we were going to have a cold winter and I guess they were right.:)
xo Laura

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Hi Judy. Great shot of the birds and the cat.

Trace4J said...

So cute.
The same things are going on by my window feeder.
Silly cats.
Woolie Hugs

Unknown said...

Don't you just love cats.. they are like little humans with a lot of hair!! lol

Elizabeth Edwards said...

meow. meow. ( :
love the snowy shots.

Terri D said...

Your Tuppence looking over the railing gave me a smile this morning!! Those are some lucky birds, finding your feeders full for them!

Donna said...

Aren't woodpeckers neat looking birds? It's such fun when they come to the feeders. And I guess your cat thinks you need some remedial training, LOL!

Muffy's Marks said...

Beautiful bird photos. They do need us in the winter. We'll stock ours before we leave, then count on our neighbors (who also feed during the winter)!! In the first photo of Kitty, she looks like she'd like to go out and play with the birdies!!! ;~/

TexWisGirl said...

everybody loves to watch the birds. :) yeah, even in texas, i am plowing thru feed and seed this week.

Deborah said...

Great photos my friend and 'Tuppence don't cry, you know your mother will come up eventually.' Glad you are staying warm...I have barely left the house and one day I braved walking to the bank...what a looonnnggg trip it was trying to navigate in the ice.

Maggie Ann said...

wow, what gorgeous pictures! Our grandboys' hamster came to a cruel end via their cat....ever so recently. She knocked the cage on the floor and it was a sad scene from then on! They are moving on though....

Pamela Gordon said...

I also enjoy watching the birds at the feeders. You got some good photos. The cats are cute too. We have fresh snow this morning and it looks so much better out there! lol

Vee said...

She really cries to get you to come to bed? I must pay closer attention to my cat because she seemingly cries for no reason, but perhaps it is something after all.

Yes, this is some global something. Brrrrr...

Diane said...

Really nice bird photos! I've known some bossy cats too!

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous shots as always. We are having a snow storm in NJ today. Love the cat, too cute.

Cynthia

Susie said...

I see your cat is an avid bird watcher.:):) I always feel sad for the birds...so we feed them plenty. Once my granddaughter, when she was four, watched the wind blowing the feathers of a chicadee...and she said ,"him is wishin it was summer". I think of her sweet voice saying that...I told her they have extra feathers under the ones she could see. Hey what do I know...I just didn't want her to be sad.:) Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Ruth Kelly said...

You got birds in the winter. I thought they all flew south. Your cat looks like he wants the birds.

Judy S. said...

Our birds have been hiding as it's been unusually cold here (for us), too. That blue jay looks SO cold! Cats "talk," don't they?

Carla from The River said...

Hi Judy,
What do you feed your birds? Do you make your own suet?

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Great bird pics - very impressed. I see you still have weather then? It is unseasonaly mild in the the UK.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

You have beautiful birds coming to your restaurant! I only have robins and blue tits coming to mine!

Deanna said...

I used to feed birds all winter and really enjoyed watching them. However, we now have several outdoor cats (neighbors let theirs breed indiscriminately and the overflow find their way here) so I feel like feeding the birds is baiting them. I keep trying to figure out a good way to feed them without putting them at risk. Thanks for sharing pictures of yours.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Tuppence IS adorable, Judy. I've warmed up to her since I don't have the distraction of perfectly precious Lionel, my Dream Cat! Your bird photos are wonderful.

Kathy said...

How wonderful! You have a lot of gorgeous birds - the kitty is cute too! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails