Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Not a Baaaaaaad Experience

Trying to Follow Me Home!

It was the cutest thing I'd seen in a long time. I had just been to a 'vintage' school house nearby (actually, the old country school in which I had attended 1st and 2nd grade). I pulled off the side of the road and took a few photos of the school. Then I drove ahead and pulled into the driveway of the schoolhouse, so that I could turn around. As I nosed into the drive, two little black goats came running from behind a nearby barn. Before I could move, they were right against the passenger side of the car. I was wishing I had electric windows, for I could have gotten a closeup shot of those cute little goats.

Trying to leave was nearly impossible, for I didn't want to run over them, and they kept crowding the car. I carefully and slowly backed out of the drive onto the road. The goats followed. I got safely clear of them and accelerated because I wanted to get out of there so the goats wouldn't get hurt or get onto the road.

I looked in my rear view mirror and the goats were running down the road after me! I stepped on the brakes and got out of the car just a second to get the photo you see above. Then I quickly got into the car again and sped off. Not that I wouldn't want those cute little goats to be at my house, but I really didn't want them out on the road where they could get hurt. I was hoping they would give up and go back home.

 'Lady, come baaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!'

I have no idea why they were loose, unless they were just free grazing pets. Fortunately, that road is pretty remote with virtually no traffic. I'm hoping the little goats wandered back to their yard once they lost sight of the car.

I was telling a friend about this incident and it reminded her of 'Mary Had a Little Lamb,' except that I'm not Mary and they were following me away from school, not to school. :-)

***

Six Natural Vegan Handcrafted Soaps
Free PRIORITY Shipping

This offer currently at

Our ETSY Store only


***



Photobucket

27 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

That is the cutest thing I have read in a long time! What cute goats!!!

Eileen H said...

Awww the goats on the loose are so cute. I would have wanted to bundle them into the car for their own safety of course ;-)

Parsley said...

Oh so sweet! I hope they go home. Maybe they were following you as a 'feed truck'?

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! Well, as long as they aren't running after you! lol And don't you love that things that we did or went to when we were kids are now vintage?? How did that happen? :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh, Jenn, things I went to or did are so vintage they're nearly antique! lol

Suzan said...

Oh how adorable! I'm afraid that I would be too tempted to open my van door -- If just for a few days!!

MadSnapper said...

i am with tree hugger, i might have just grabbed them and taken them home, except for the fact Jake would never let them live here. really great shots, i love that first one with the mail box

Amy Burzese said...

That's the cutest thing I've seen in awhile too! I laughed as soon as the photo came up. I love goats anyway, but this is fantastic. I sure hope they made it home safely.

Chatty Crone said...

Those were badddddddddddd little sheep who had lost their way! And you found them. Good thing you didn't hit one. We saw a deer in the street the other day - I hate that. sandie

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Awww...thank you for the happy smile on my face this morning! How fun! Didn't you just for a split second want to put them in the back seat and take them home? Of course, you may not have had a back seat by the time you got home, though!

Olive said...

They are darling. Just like imprinting ducks:}

Denise said...

Such a cute post.

Anonymous said...

How funny! They are a very cute pair. I love goats, I think I would have been tempted to take them with me ;)

Ruth Kelly said...

They must have thought that you were their nanny!

Maggie Ann said...

Loved your post! Not many people have two cute goats running behind the car...lol.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Oh what cute goats-I probably would have tried to see if there was a shelter nearby for them. They were probably cold and scared....they are so cute!
Have a great day!
Noreen

Cranberry Morning said...

Don't worry, those little goats had all kinds of shelter available. Plus, it was a nice day, just overcast. These were two happy little goats having a great time running around. I suspect they are pets.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Too Cute!

Yenta Mary said...

That is so cute! How sweet that they came to greet you, and didn't want you to leave so soon ...:

Have I missed any updates about Lionel? I feel as though I have ....

Unknown said...

Isn't country life great? Be careful though. One of our "near" neighbors had Russian Boars (questionalby legal to have in IN) that escaped and were apparently on the loose/rampage for several weeks. They were finally spotted and brought down near a local farmer's sow lot. Geez-o-Pete! Those dudes are nasty and not nearly and cute as your little friends!

Terri D said...

So cute!! It's so fun that you got such great photos! Sure hope they got out of the road and went home.

Unknown said...

How lovely! They are so sweet :-). Thanks for this post, made my day!
Hugs
Jutta

tlcukjourney said...

That is just precious! Though I would have been freaked out, they are so cute to look at, but I would have feared them biting me!

Carla from The River said...

How fun! They are so cute.

My sister had a goat. He loved to jump on cars...you were lucky.

Jeannette said...

Ha,ha,ha! goats should be mandatory pets for folks who are not feeling enough love in the world..clearly this brief encounter with these two cuties filled up your love bank enough to inspire a fine vignette.

Terra said...

Adorable little black goats and good for you for getting the photos; I often don't have the camera at hand when a surprise photo op occurs.

Anonymous said...

How adorable!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails