Monday, December 19, 2011

...Procrastination...

♫Oh, there's no snow at home for the holidays♪

And you won't find me complaining one bit! Even though no one is going to be sledding, skiing, or snowshoeing??, it is so nice (and unusual) to have no snow and ice on the roads, no ice balls clumping  up on the dogs' feet, no boots tracking in snow all over the floor. I love it! It could snow on Christmas Eve morning while I'm listening to The Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols and on Christmas Eve as we come out of the church service. That's about as much snow as I'd like this year. Then we could skip January, February, and March - and go directly to April.

I am procrastinating. Like a friend of mine said, when asked what she did all day, 'I don't know, but it took me all day to do it.' I have candy to make that I'm going to give as gifts, jams to wrap, and soaps to label. I have a bed upstairs covered in gifts (I'm very visual, so I need to do that to keep track of who gets what and what it looks like). One would assume that I could write all this information down on paper, but then one would be assuming that I'd be able to find it again. I am a great list maker. I'm not a great list finder.

I have a couple toddler sweaters I need to finish up, although one may actually end up being a springtime birthday present since I was overly optimistic about my ability to knit without dropping a stitch here and there. Since I still can't seem to figure out how to pick up a stitch (Yes, Heide, I need to see your video!!), I have to wait until someone fixes it for me before I move on. Even the YouTube videos, which are ordinarily so helpful, go too fast for me to see exactly what they do to pick up a dropped stitch. They seem to talk about it slowly, then do it quickly. Grrrrr.  Fortunately, Becky, a great knitter, was at our Advent devotional/caroling party last night, so she fixed my most recent 'issue', which happened to be nothing more than not making an increase at a certain spot. Since I do count every stitch on each knit row (as instructed), the problem was only in that row.

Bridger is lying behind me, whining. Shepherds are notorious for whining, so I think I can be thankful that he doesn't do it as much as he could. He only whines when he wants me to go into the living room with him, put peanut butter on his favorite bone, and watch a movie (together!) while I knit. He thinks it's great bonding time. I may have to drag out another Foyle's War or a Lord Peter DVD tonight.




 I'm pretty sure Kevin won't be watching it with us.

P.S. My dad died a year ago today. I sure miss him.



Photobucket
...and more! Check out all my soaps at

13 comments:

Marti said...

"Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap." Well, I'm not a knitter (I do know how, and have made the obligatory sweater sets for my kids when they were babies) so I don't have clue how to help you, but I am a procrastinator and a list maker oh ya, and a list loser. So now list go into a file in my computer, if I could only remember what file. Have a good day.

Carla from The River said...

Praying for you Judy!

Have a great day!

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

We don't have snow either and I totally agree that it's GREAT! And I wish that next month was April too. Maybe Hawaii for the next 3 months is a good plan.

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, my goodness, has it been a year since you lost your dad? I'm so sorry. May his memory be for a blessing ....

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Lol! I think that is one of the reasons I don't make lists, they are always lost or you spend all your time hunting for it.
It is a very weird year, weather wise. I wouldn't mind a little snow, to make it feel Christmasy. But I agree with you not really missing it.
I will try and get the video to you soon, not sure where it is.
May God be your comfort and peace today.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Well I do hope you get it all done. And I'm saying a little prayer for you today and for your dad. I'm sure it makes this time of year difficult.

Happy holidays!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's for Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Midwest to Midlands said...

I think Bridger knows that you need to rest for a bit. I'm sorry and you have good reason to give yourself a break today.

Joyce said...

We were in Chicago for a weekend wedding...it was 50 degrees and gorgeous! Very un-Chicago like for December : ) I am procrastinating too...my daughter is baking cookies at the moment so I'm taking five. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

There are times when I truly do miss not having snow on the ground at Christmas... than I remind myself about the cold that comes with it and I quickly stop missing it! lol
Big hugs regarding your dad!!!

Empty Nester said...

Your husband watches television the same way mine does- with his eyes closed. LOL

I'm the same way with the knitting. I can't remember how many things I've never been able to finish because of mistakes that I've never learned how to fix. UGH.

Denise said...

Just pull out those precious memories of your dad, and wrap yourself in them sweet friend. I love you.

Judy S. said...

You're a procrastinator? That's my middle name! Maybe it's a condition genetic to people named Judy? Glad you solved your knitting puzzle. That looks like a cute pattern. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. And special hugs to you!

J_on_tour said...

Looks like Bridger is marginally more attentive than Kevin. I must say he doesn't strike me as a peanut butter on the bone dog !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails