Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wildflowers


April showers
Bring May flowers


Or, as in this case, May showers bring May flowers. We're a few weeks behind this year, but it was a delight when Kevin brought this little bouquet of wildflowers in from the windbreak north of the house. Wood violets and springing beauties always cheer me!


'This is the day that the LORD has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!'
-Psalm 118:24


Thanks to Jean from Delightful Repast for the idea of the white fabric background. Check out her blog. Jean always serves a delightful repast!



Photobucket
Author, Second Chance - A Tale of Two Puppies
Check out my handcrafted soaps at Soap'n'Such

12 comments:

Empty Nester said...

The are lovely! I bet the area where they grow wild is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I'm a huge sucker for violets! I can't even mow them off! LOVE those shades of blue and purple! have a great weekend, and may the sun shine upon you!

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, they're just perfection!

Under Her Wings said...

Oh, so pretty, and Kevin brought them in! That's the best part!

Judy said...

Spring flowers are great no matter when they bloom! Aren't violets your state flower? I love them, too, but boy they sure take over in gardens here.

jennyfreckles said...

They are so pretty and look lovely in that little glass jug.

Tiffanee said...

What a beautiful presentation of some ver pretty flowers. Thanks for brightening my day.

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the above comments - they are indeed beautiful - wild flowers are delightful. Judyx

Cranberry Morning said...

I love these wildflowers. I enjoy the wood violets and then because they do tend to take over, as Judy said, I dig up several of them after they're done blooming. (It's not like there will be shortage next year!) Right now I see that they've encroached upon my heuchera in the pond garden. So as soon as they're done blooming, those will be gone.

Anonymous said...

Hello it me George, so pleased I can comment, be it under anonymous!!!you know who I am ;)
Lovely pretty colours and it sets them off with the white background and the glass jug.
Have a good week
See yea George xxx
Oh I enjoyed reading about your stays at the B&B to :)

Candace said...

They are absolutely beautiful, Judy! May showers bring forth May flowers here in NH too but finally "spring has sprung"! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Candace

Robin said...

What a great picture. Loved the flowers on the all white background.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails