Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Part 1

Much Wenlock, Shropshire, UK

I took the image above from www.muchwenlockguide.info


  The monument is to mark Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee.
The Old Guildhall is the B&W building in the background.

Constructed in 1682, Raynald's Mansion

The Talbot Inn has been a lodging place since 1361.

The George and Dragon Inn and Restaurant.
Good fish'n'chips.



In other words, 'Dead End.' The prohibition against cycling could be because the entrance you see is only about 4 feet high.

You can read Wikipedia's version of the history of Much Wenlock right here!

Next week I'll post the photos I took at the ruins of the Cluniac Priory in this beautiful corner of England.

7 comments:

Under Her Wings said...

what a fun trip! England is so beautiful.

Yenta Mary said...

What a lovely, charming place!!!

PRIMERICA FREEDOM FIGHTERS said...

Very cool! Travel is so much fun. It's nice to break out of the bubble we see every day around us and experience differnt cultures! Love the pics!

Rachel said...

I love the pictures!! I SO want to visit England. **sigh** One of these days!

Denise said...

Enjoyed the trip.

Anonymous said...

I just love your pictures! You make me want to call my travel agent soooooo bad!!!
Blessings to you,
Sue :)

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I want to come visit!


Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails